LockAware Security Network Code of Ethics and Standards
Amended December 20, 2016
A community built on trust
Partners of the LockAware Security Network (“LSN”) are committed to serving the public with high quality products and services that help safeguard persons and property from loss and harm. The LSN Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct (collectively the “Code”) is intended to assist LSN Partners and their employees in providing these products and services to the public in a highly ethical manner.
WHILE TECHNOLOGY HELPS TO ENSURE THE SPEED, DEPENDABILITY, AND SAFETY OF LSN SERVICES, PEOPLE AND TRUST ARE AT THE CORE OF THE LOCKAWARE ETHOS.
This Code is intended to provide a clear standard for LSN Partners in the ethical conduct of business. LockAware expects its Partners to meet or exceed the guidelines set forth in this Code. Partners are encouraged to implement policies and procedures that provide the highest standards of quality, consumer protection, and customer service. If there is a conflict between this Code and any state, federal, and/or local rule or regulation, the controlling rule or regulation supersedes this Code. Partners should interpret this Code as broadly as possible to protect all stakeholders to the greatest extent possible.
This Code is binding on all Partners of the LSN. Failure to comply with this Code may result in disciplinary action, including but not limited to expulsion from the LSN and revocation of access to LSN services. Partners are required to respond truthfully and accurately to all inquiries made by LSN during an investigation into a potential violation of this Code.
Code of Ethics
In providing security-related products and services for consumers, conduct of the LSN Partner impacts (1) potential and existing customers; (2) public emergency response agencies; (3) their employees and other paid Representative (as defined herein); and (4) the general public. Members are required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including licensing requirements. In addition, ESA members will take all appropriate steps to adhere to the following principles as they apply to each of these impacted groups.
- I pledge to comply with the Federal, State, and Local laws of every jurisdiction in which I am licensed and/or active,
- I am morally obliged to expose unethical Locksmiths and violations of this Code by contacting LockAware, and I pledge to do so,
- I acknowledge and pledge that I have responsibilities to:
- the Locksmithing Trade at-large (the trade,)
- my business
- those that I serve
- and the public
- I pledge that I possess and embody the cornerstones of the Trade which are:
- Impeccable Honesty
- and Dedication
- As I gained knowledge from those who preceded me, I pledge to pass my knowledge down to ethical and qualified candidates, who will succeed me in the sciences and the art of Locksmithing and Physical Security,
- I pledge to always deliver security services and information in a competent and professional manner, taking into consideration the public interest and my need to maintain privacy and confidentiality in my dealings with clients / the public,
- I pledge to always disclose, to all whom I serve, what they must know to maintain their security in an understandable and sensitive manner,
- I pledge to maintain appropriate and accurate records that meet relevant legislative standards,
- I pledge to engage in industry best practices in the delivery of my services, and actively participate in industry related forums designed to elevate the standard of service delivery as well as public awareness about Locksmithing / Physical Security,
- I pledge to accept total responsibility for the measurements I take, and the work that I perform and shall personally insure the quality of my work and the work of my employees and/or my technicians.
Standards for professional Conduct with Clients
- LockAware Partners show courtesy and respect to all whom they encounter professionally.
- LockAware Partners adhere to the highest standards of good citizenship, honesty, and integrity in their professional work and in their personal conduct.
- LockAware Partners use language and choose conversational topics in a manner that is appropriate, relevant, and informative, and not offensive or insensitive to any within earshot.
- LockAware Partners dress appropriately and in a manner that reflects positively on themselves, and the LockAware Security Network.
- LockAware Partners do not participate in, nor do they endorse discrimination of any kind, including, but not limited to discrimination based on: gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, handicap, or intelligence. LockAware has a zero-tolerance discrimination policy.
Pertaining to Service
- LockAware Partners "measure twice, and cut once."
- LockAware Partners guarantee their services (provided through LockAware) for a minimum period of ninety (90) days
Adherence to the standards
We require Partners to keep documents (insurance, licensure, bonding documentation, and certifications) up-to-date with LockAware in order to remain active in the LockAware Security Network. Clients, likewise, must maintain active payment accounts, and valid copies of identification & authorization(s).
Violation(s) of this Code of Ethics and Standards could result in immediate removal of your LockAware Partner Account and your removal from the LockAware Security Network, even for first time offenses.
If at any time you feel that you are faced with a situation that requires immediate emergency attention, please call the emergency service number(s) in your area. Once all parties are safe and the situation has been handled by the authorities, please then notify LockAware. We will assist and take appropriate action as needed, including cooperating with law enforcement.